Louisiana FIRST LEGO League - Getting Started . . .
Thank you for your interest in FIRST LEGO League! It is a wonderful program focussing each year on a real-world grand challenge that encourages 9-14 yr. old students to think like scientists and engineers. And it uses LEGOs - who wouldn't love it! It can, however, seem overwhelming to get in the game. So we have a few recommendations to get started:
- If you would like to get a good feel for your upcoming adventure, check out the YouTube video:
FIRST LEGO League (FLL) - Get in the Game. Just keep in mind that the students they are highlighting are at the FIRST LEGO League World Festival, which hosts over 100 teams from about 30 countries. Participating in one of our local 12-team qualifiers is much less overwhelming :).
- The national website has an excellent step-by-step process for starting a team. Begin on the FIRST LEGO League Landing Page, where there are brief explanations and links for learning more about FIRST LEGO League, including the steps for starting a team.
- Coaches and team members may join us at one of our Saturday Rookie Fast-Starts in late August to mid-September. It is best if your team builds a robot prior to coming (pictorial instructions for the basic robot are included in the kit), so all can focus on programming and strategy.
- Look at the list of Current FLL Teams (also showing those from last year) to see what teams are in your area or at your school.
- Check out our Team Portal to get additional information about teams and team participation.